'How a job description should be?' is a very important criteria in your recruitment process. In Simple words, You need a Right Job Description if you need right candidate in right Time. here I have listed out some important points on how a JD should and should not be,
- It Should not be big in size: Generally, JDs big in size will invite more junk / unsuitable profile since the most of the candidates will apply without going through the JDs in full or they will apply just seeing the Title alone.
- It should give all the essentials very clearly and shortly if possible in bullet points.
- Key sills in any tools or software should be highlighted.
- Specific constraints like Years of experience, Salary range, education and any additional qualification should be highlighted separately. Giving such a details will save you lot of time by avoiding the profiles out of the range.
- Years of experience should be given in a range. Sometimes a narrow range of experience will reduce the candidate response very much. so should be cautious in choosing the range.
- Essentials and added advantages should be clearly defined.
- Provide Contact phone no of recruiter only for top management openings if required. Particularly in mass recruiting it will cause unnecessary hindrance or waste of time.